The most awaited season of the year – Monsoon is soon approaching. Rain drizzles and brings with it the sweet and pleasant smell of soil and yummy foods like pakoras, samosas, jalebi, kachori and all. But, the time has changed now and there is a need for some healthy tea time snacks, especially in the pleasant and joyful month of monsoons. Well, this time, try your hands on this delicious and crispy corn kebab recipe, which is a must-try, as it’s healthy and totally vegetarian.
- Corns (boiled – 1 cup)
- Potatoes (boiled, grated and mashed – 1 piece)
- Onions (chopped – 2)
- Bread (2 slices)
- Green Chilies, ginger and garlic (2 teaspoons)
- Coriander (chopped – 2 teaspoons)
- Garam masala powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Amchur powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Oil (as required)
- Salt (as required)
- Take a large frying pan and add 1-2 teaspoons of oil into it.
- Now, add chopped onions, green chilies, ginger and garlic paste and sauté them.
- Mash the boiled corn a little and mix it with the above ingredients.
- Then, soak the bread in a little water for a while.
- Take a bowl, add mashed potato, soaked bread and salt in it.
- Also, add turmeric powder, garam masala, and amchur powder in it.
- Now, mix them all well and keep this mix in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Take this mix out of the refrigerator and shape it the way you like.
- In the meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fry these corn kebabs till they get a little brown.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve them hot in a plate with Tops Mint Magic/Classic sauce.
- Adjust the ingredients and spices as per your preferred taste.
- You can even garnish it with capsicum and sliced onions.
- Don’t fry it for long and wipe with a tissue paper before eating.
- Shape these corn kebabs in any shape you like – long, round, etc.
- Corns should be boiled properly before mixing it in this mixture.
- Complement it with snack sauce for a yummy treat.
- Corns are best to eat during monsoons, which keeps you healthy and fit.
Corns bring with them a good amount of nutrients, vitamins, and promote eye health,
also considered to control diabetes.
- This corn kebab has the nutrition of ginger, garlic, and potatoes too.
- It is a fully vegetarian dish, which can be enjoyed by everyone.
- A healthy tea time snack alternative to pakoras and samosas in monsoon.
So, get ready to thrill your taste buds when rain drizzles with these mouthwatering crispy corn kebabs, prepared at home with such an ease.